- Contact Details
- Location Map
Shipston on Stour,
Warwickshire. CV36 5LH
T / F: +44 (0)1608 684248
A warm welcome to Yerdley Farm Tallet Barn
The farm house and tallet barn annexe enjoy a quiet position in Vicarage Lane, Long Compton, 16 miles south of Stratford upon Avon.
Tallet barn is a medieval expression for a building combining animal shelter and a feed loft, plus outside steps. Most of the original features have been retained in a very successful conversion, providing two comfortable rooms.
Our farmland stretches up the valley from the village. Here you can access a series of circular walks with gorgeous views. Long Compton being the hub. The MacMillon Way and Shakespeare Way also pass through the village. A late Neolithic stone circle, the Rollright Stones, is 1 mile south and well worth the walk (or by car).
The village has a variety of costwold stone cottages - some thatched, farm houses and barn conversions. An unusual lyche gate to the churchyard once housed the cobbler and his family.
The Red Lion (5 minutes walk) is very welcoming and serves excellent meals.
You will find this a very convenient location and be assured of a warm and friendly welcome.
- Chipping Norton: 4 miles
- Moreton in Marsh: 6 miles
- Stow on the Wold: 9 miles
- Chipping Campden: 12 miles
- Blenheim Palace: 16 miles
How to find us
- Long Compton in Warwickshire is 22 miles north of Oxford and 16 miles south of Stratford upon Avon on the A3400
- Vicarage Lane is in the centre of the village, directly opposite the post office
- Our entrance is the 3rd on the right at a sharp bend in the lane